Bearing Distributors, Inc. carries a variety of ball bearings. Single Row Deep Groove Ball Bearings have the highest speed capacity of all rolling element bearings, and are by far the most popular bearing type in use today.
- Bearings are supplied in an open, shielded (ZZ), or sealed (2RS) design.
- Many sizes are also available with a snap ring installed on the bearing's outer ring.
- Open bearings are supplied with a light oil coating and are used in oil bath and oil misting applications.
- Sealed bearings are supplied with a contacting lip seal that excels in protecting the bearing from liquids and other foreign contaminants. The inherent design creates friction, drag, and in turn heat; factors that require consideration in high speed applications.
- Shielded bearings are provided with non-contacting metal shields that protect against larger particles entering the bearing, but do not protect against liquids. They add no friction during operation and therefore do not generate heat build-up.